Employment Opportunity - General Manager
Are you a self-motivated leader with a passion for Tasmania’s bushland?
Due to the retirement of the current Trust Manager, we are looking for a creative and driven General Manager with excellent communication skills to take on this role at a crucial time for the Trust’s future.
Further your leadership career with this full-time opportunity to manage the values of Wellington Park in co-ordination with Trust member agencies, stakeholders and the Tasmanian community.
In this role, you will use your initiative, planning techniques, stakeholder management skills and build a team’s capabilities to conserve a loved icon in Hobart.
This position will suit a highly motivated and experienced individual with an interest in natural resource management.
If this is you we would love to hear from you!
About the Trust:
In 1993 Wellington Park was established under its own act of parliament to protect the following values of the Wellington Range, including the iconic kunanyi / Mount Wellington:
- Ecosystems representing the non-living and living, including varied and endemic flora and fauna, and geodiversity;
- Landscape of major aesthetic importance including significant landmarks for Tasmanians and visitors;
- Rich cultural landscapes representing Aboriginal inhabitants and European colonists; and
- Extensive opportunities for appropriate tourism and recreation.
These values are managed by the Wellington Park Management Trust in co-ordination with Trust member agencies, stakeholders and community.
Based in Hobart the Trust General Manager reports directly to the Chairperson – Wellington Park Management Trust, and is responsible for managing the business affairs of the Trust and the Wellington Park Office.
As a key leadership position at the Trust, the role provides an opportunity for overall responsibility and autonomy in daily operations. Stakeholder management ranges from communicating with landowners, providing advice to the Tasmanian government, preparing budgets and working with project managers and consultants as well as empowering team members as you engage with tourists and the local community.
The role is full-time, 5 year contract.
Base salary range based on qualifications and experience: $130,000 - $150,000 gross/annum.
- High level knowledge, expertise and extensive experience in reserve management, or a field related to natural resource management, tourism and recreation planning, and an understanding of State and Local Government procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues, principles and practices related to park management and outdoor recreation planning, including minimal impact practices and protection of natural and cultural heritage values and relevant policies and legislation.
- Highly developed managerial skills and demonstrated capacity to manage human, physical, financial and information resources. A sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary project management and business planning.
- Excellent communication, representation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Demonstrated ability to develop productive relationships with stakeholders and to effectively represent the Trust.
- Highly developed research skills along with the ability to be flexible, creative and innovative regarding the identification and effective resolution of issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, organise, schedule and deliver own outputs and those of a team.
How to Apply:
Your application is to be in one document and consist of a 1-3 page(s) covering letter which outlines your experience, skills, capabilities and knowledge as they relate to the Selection Criteria along with your current resume, including three referee names stating their working relationship to you.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or hold the right to live and work in Australia. The successful applicant will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be subject to a pre-employment medical assessment, a National Police Check and hold a current Australian driver’s license.
Applictions for this position closed at 9:00 am (EDST) on Monday 21 March 2022.
For a confidential conversation about the role please contact the current manager, Axel von Krusenstierna, on 0428 226 218 or the Trust Chairperson, Christine Mucha, on 0417 357 800 during business hours.